So I'm having a major fashion crisis anxiety attack right about now, and I think I will write about it. Do you ever look at your wardrobe and wish you could start fresh? Whether you give all your clothes away or sell them, wouldn't it feel so good? I like my clothes and I definitely LOVE some items that I have.. BUT I want to love every item in my closet. And I really think that is possible and this is why... 

Sometimes when I go thrifting I think that because the shirt is $4.00 it's a screaming deal for a shirt and because it is so cheap and pretty cute I must have it? That's where I need to think before I act.Yeah the shirt might be 4 bones but you wear it once and you don't want to after that. And after you've done that with 5 or 6 shirts you could've bought one amazing shirt that you LOVED for around $30.00 that you never want to get rid of. And you wish you could wear it every day of every year for the rest of your life! Okay that was exaggerated.. but you get the point right? 

I've gone thrifting a lot these last couple of months and in the moment it's all a good deal - it is! But now when I add up all of the prices from each time I've gone... It's like $100 - on used clothing people! gah.. It just doesn't sit right for me. And kind of makes me sick to my stomach. I want to fill my closet with pieces that I adore and that could be worn in many different ways. And that, my friends, is why I'm going to start selling and giving away a lot of my clothing - for really cheap - I want to start fresh! What do you all think?

There are some of the things I'll be selling on my blog:

signature

13 comments:

Chloe said...

Ca I buy that dress on the left from you, or swap an item? Let me know how much you want...

C x

Harley said...

Such a good idea. Let the buying begin. :)

Kate said...

Such a brilliant idea, I would definitely buy off your blog, but then theres the thing of different countries..., anyway you should definitely do it!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

Chelsea Lane said...

I feel exactly the same wwaayyy! gah when you say it like that it makes so much sense to reduce thrifting and buy a $30 shirt ;)

xoxo

Emma said...

Great plan! I'm in the process of doing this right now. I'm graduating from college this week and moving to a new city. I'm donating all of the cheap clothes that I've acquired (way too many) over the past four years. Besides needing a different kind of wardrobe (more professional, less casual) I also share your urge to just start fresh and honestly LOVE everything I have, even if that means having fewer, more expensive items. Good luck!

Emily said...

I love the second outfit. How much do you think you will want? Emily Huber
emilyhuber123@yahoo.com

Emily said...

I will probably get that 3rd dress. When are you going to start selling?

Kristyn Ellen said...

I went through my closet in January and it could use another sift already. I haven't bought much, but I'm noticing the clothes I said I had to keep because I'd wear them... I STILL haven't worn. I'm not very good at parting with things. But you're right it's much better to have clothes you lo-oove.

girluntitled said...

i look forward to this!

Roxanne said...

Brilliant, Emily! I didn't figure out about the one expensive item I am crazy about versus five cheap so-so pieces until I was much older. The only problem I see with buying them from you is that you must be Emilyish (beautiful, classy, fun) to pull off the look. I wouldn't buy any of your stuff because (aside from ugly legs) I knowi how great YOU looked wearing them. And you have photos to prove it! Love ya lots and lots, Moi xoxo

Erica said...

Love your style! I would like the second from the left. I don't know if you're selling the shirt, or skirt. Love them both and I want to buy them!

jocelyn said...

Such a great idea. I always look at my closet and wish i could do that with my clothes!

Sarai and Nancy said...

are any of these things still for sale? Cause I'm kinda in love with the skirt and floral shirt combo...
~Sarai
the-puddle-jumpers.blogspot.com
you can email me at nancyandsarai@gmail.com :)

em dickson photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger