When we moved up to Washington a year ago we found this awesome vintage apt.
I thought that we just had to live there because it was from the 1920's and vintage vintage vintage...
Oh how I have regretted that decision ever since moving there.
I was not thinking realistically AT ALL.
 I thought that cute white cupboards, vintage knobs, and a hard wood floor was so cool.
So cool that I didn't realize that there was no dishwasher and didn't care that there wasn't a washer/dryer.
I never realized how hard living would be without those 2 things.
And it wasn't just those 2 things...

-only one bedroom
-lived downtown on a noisy street
-couldn't open windows or blinds.. because we were on street level
-teeny tiny bathroom with a shower nozzle that was below our heads
-one lousy old heater that hardly ever worked in the winter
-no A/C in the summer. Our apt=hot sauna
-no assigned parking spots. We searched for a spot everyday
-hallway leading to our apt always smelled of something different (smoke, weed, garlic)
-random crazy drug addicts walking by mumbling and shouting

Oh how I could go onnnn and onnnnnn and on.
And we're both proud that we made it a year and can tell our kids about this experience.

GOOD NEWS! Our lease is up at the end of the month and we are moving.
This time around we knew EXACTLY what we were looking for.
So we found an apartment in Tacoma that is sooo much better! I'm so excited!

-Hundred bucks cheaper than our old apt
-Month to month lease
-TWO bedrooms
-Washer & Dryer in the apt!!! With it's own little room!!!
-On the third floor (hello open blinds!)
-Dishwasher (I really can't explain how excited I am about a dishwasher)
- Bigger bathroom with normal shower nozzle.
-One assigned parking spot, and plenty spots for our 2nd car
-Did I mention it is 100 bucks cheaper!?!!

We are going to start moving there in about a week :)


3 comments:

Mademoiselle Lala said...

Yey for you guys! :) Can't wait to see the photos now! :) X

Dylana Suarez said...

YAY! Congrats!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

Kerry and Eileen said...

It sounds wonderful! I'm happy for you two!

em dickson photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger