Photobucket

Today I am 25 weeks and one day.. or 6 months, 1 week, and 1 day. Crazy! I'm hoping these last 3-4 months fly by -- Normally they do since they are holiday months. But I should probably take back my statement because we definitely aren't ready for a little one to be living at our place. I haven't bought a single baby item. Is that bad? I didn't want to buy anything too early because then it would seem like her arrival would be FOREVER away. This way I can buy her things, and then poof she's here. I know, I know, I probably shouldn't wait too much longer. To be perfectly honest I'm just not sure of what to get. I wish I had my sisters and mom up here to help me! I know what I'm supposed to get in general... but when it comes down to specifics I'm kind of lost. Maybe when I go down to Utah in November I'll get lots of baby shopping done. 

As far as her nursery is coming... I'm still going to go with the closet idea. But in order to make that happen we have to clear our our spare room, move OUR room into the spare room, take the closet doors off, buy curtains, buy a crib, etc... I want her little space to be so cute since she won't have a full on nursery. I've got some decorating ideas, but nothing concrete. Pinterest has definitely been helping me with ideas.

You know when you have SOOOOOooo much to do but you end up not doing it because you're so overwhelmed? That's how I feel. I know there's so much I need to do and buy, but I honestly don't even know where to start. I'm probably making it all so much harder than it needs to be. Help me mom!

As far as non-baby-related things go. The weather has really cooled down and it's very grey outside, and I really really like it! I think fall might be my new favorite season. The only downside is that it gets dark really fast. In a month or so, it'll be dark when we go to work, and dark when we go home from work - so depressing. Today after work, Mike and I are driving down to Portland to go to the BYU football game tomorrow! All of his cousins (just the guys and one girl) are going so it should be pretty fun. I've definitely missed being around BYU-ness so maybe this will recharge me for a little bit. 

That's all I can think of for now. Any tips for purchasing baby stuff would be greatly appreciated!

8 comments:

Bri said...

Looking more and more like a beautiful glowing mama! i hear ya with the overwhelming part. just make a list, and try to get one thing from your list done that day or week. and baby shopping with your mom will probably be best, since she already knows what's necessary and not so important :)

Desarée said...

I know the feeling, girl. Check list is all I've got to say. Definitely helps me.

And, on another note, you're going to be in my neck of the woods (I live in Corvallis)! OSU Beavs vs BYU Cougs. Should be a pretty fun game!

Oh, and your pic is great. I hope that you get some pro preggo pics done. It would be awesome!

The Kunz Family said...

Hang in there :) your mommy instincts will start shinning through and you will become a PRO before she gets here and know exactly what you need! All that STUFF is just small stuff once she arrives! I cant believe you are already 25 weeks.. time is just flying by!

FreckleFace5100 said...

you look glowing && gorgeous (:

alli said...

You'll start nesting near the end and it'll all come together. Chris is really good at remembering the essentials, you can always talk to her about it if you want. So long as you have some newborn diapers (and wipes) and newborn pajamas and some swaddling blankets, you're good to go! I'm sure your Mom and sisters will help you out lots with figuring out what to get, like you said. We're so excited for you guys, we can't wait to see pictures of the little space you make for her!

alli said...

Oh yeah, and I guess a carseat is important, they won't let you leave the hospital without one. And some burp cloths...buying cloth diapers and using those is my favorite thing to do...

The Purcells said...

Hey Emily! I don't think you are behind at all in buying things. You don't know what you will be given and you do still have a few months. The most important things are a good carseat, diapers, onesies, and pajamas. Like I said though, I would wait until you are about a month out. That is when I really started getting everything. By the way, you look so cute! I am so excited for you!

Christine Dickson said...

Such a beautiful pregnant woman! I'd be glad to help you know what you need. We are excited fro you both!

em dickson photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger