Even though baby is still not here... 
I still have accomplished TEN MONTHS of being pregnant. 
I can't say that time went by fast.. because it didn't.
But I also don't think that pregnancy should be any shorter than it is.
I think it is the perfect amount of time to prepare. 

We got pregnant really early --we hadn't even been married for a full year...
But I honestly feel like we did the right thing.
I try to think of what it'd be like if I didn't have this baby in me.. and it makes me sick to my stomach.
This is supposed to happen.. to us.. RIGHT NOW.. end of story.

Anywho... back to talking about this long journey...
I'm not one of those ladies who says that she just loves being pregnant.
Don't get me wrong, it's been a wonderful experience, 
but I wouldn't call it one of my top ten most favorite things in the world.

My least favorite things have been:
Not being able to sleep in any position of my choosing.
Severe tail bone aches -- baby is very very low.
The questions: How are you feeling? Boy or girl? Have you thought of any names?
My wardrobe shrinking and shrinking - I'm seriously so sick of leggings right now.
What clothes to buy for her -- Will I have enough? Do I have too much?
The negative comments: "Just you wait..." and "Are you sure you're ready for this?"
The 39th week in general -- pure torture.

But I'm not going to sit here and be a total downer...

Here are some of my favorite things:
Feeling the baby move ALL THE TIME.. so amazing.
Nice compliments I get from strangers about my belly.
Finding out the gender and everything about the ultrasound. 
Getting out of hard labor work -- like moving heavy furniture.
The general excitement of having a baby and wondering what she'll look like.

I have a doctor's appointment today at 1:20.
Hopefully this is when we'll find out what's going to happen.
I don't think she is wanting to come out anytime soon.. so I'm thinking I will be induced.
BUT I don't know that for sure.. we'll be finding out in an hour or two. 

Wish us luck!!

6 comments:

Jenessa said...

i am so excited for you em!

Courtney Makel Phipps said...

40 weeks?! Holy cow! Haha

Bri said...

good luck em! can't wait for your baby girl to make her grand entrance :)

Lizzie B. said...

Yay! My baby niece is coming today!! SOOOOOOO excited.

Elecia said...

Just saw on Lizzie's blot that you were being induced today!! Yay!! Sending prayers of peace and rest your way.

lauren said...

i'm gonna guess that baby has arrived! congratulations! can't wait to see pictures.

em dickson photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger